Temporary, Part-Time, and On-call
Start Date: February 2018 (on-call is open)
Seeking qualified instructors for the Medical Office Administrator Certificate program. This intense, accelerated 105 hour program will focus on the basic skills needed to be successful as an MOA. Instructors will be responsible for developing course content, creating assessments, projects, course delivery; marking exams and assignments; and student evaluation in support of objectives stated in course outlines. Classes are offered in a variety of formats including weekends, weekdays, and weekday evenings.
Education & Experience
- Applicants must be familiar with adult learning concepts and have extensive experience as a Medical Office Administrator (MOA), and delivery of educational content.
- Instructors should be comfortable dealing with different cultures, language abilities, and diverse backgrounds.
Skills & Abilities
Course development, preparation, and delivery
- Research appropriate texts
- Prepare handouts, manuals, information packages
- Prepare exams, assignments, group projects in support of learning objectives, and course outline
- Demonstrate effective time management skills
- Demonstrate effective classroom management
- Prepare classroom for effective course delivery including appropriate AV/IT support, computer use, software needs, etc
- Experience on multiple platforms of Electronic Medical Records
- Powerpoint and classroom AV equipment
- Maintain attendance records and notify Program Coordinator in a timely manner if there are attendance/tardiness issues
- Prepare, administer, and grade all assignments and submit marks as per requirements
- Administer student/instructor evaluations
- Submit timesheets as required
Applicants may be considered for one or more of the following subject areas:
- Medical Office Procedures
- Medical Documentation
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Terminology
- Basic Pharmacology
- Clinic Skills
- Anatomy Terminology for the MOA
- Medical Billing
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) program
- Skills, and success strategies for seeking job placement in this industry
Salary Range: TBD
Employee Group: CS Contract
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote CS010-17 in the subject line. Please note that applicants must be available for an interview in Vancouver.
Closing Date: Jan 31, 2018 Applications received after this date will be considered for future sessions.
Competition No.: CS010-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.