INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Temporary, Full-Time (2 positions)
Start Date: August 28, 2017 to August 26, 2018 (one year contract, may be extended for one (1) additional year)
Reporting to the Academic and Student Support and Administrative Managers, Langara English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) Program, Langara Language Training Centre (LLTC), the LEAP Lead Instructor works to support instructors, students and the administration. Areas of responsibility focus around organization of teaching resources, facilitation and communication, materials development, and student engagement. The incumbent is required to work as part of a dynamic team structure and possess excellent communication skills and in-depth knowledge of the learning outcomes, methodology and operations of the Program.
Education & Experience:
- A Master’s Degree with a specialization in TESL (or related field) or a Bachelor’s Degree in TESL or a Bachelor’s Degree and a TESL Canada accredited certificate.
- Eight years teaching experience (4800 contact hours) in English as a Second/Foreign Language at the adult level.
- Three years’ experience teaching in the Langara LEAP Program.
- Experience teaching in multiple LEAP levels.
- Experience with D2L, CourseWeb or other online learning management system.
- Experience in LEAP materials development, an asset.
- Experience conducting workshops and delivering presentations, an asset.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to lead others and to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment
- Ability to maintain an environment of confidentiality
- Demonstrated engagement in the LEAP Program
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Position is full-time, 35 hours weekly and requires the incumbent to be on campus during program operational hours (i.e. Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm or 9:00am to 5:00pm daily).
- Vacation time will need to coincide with low service periods and not in conflict with the other staff vacation requests.
- Open office environment.
Salary Range: $2,256.23 - $2,820.27 Bi-Weekly
Employee Group: CS
Hours & Days of Work: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm for the first incumbent, and 9:00 am - 5:00 pm for the second incumbent. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Closing Date: July 24, 2017
Competition No.: CS005-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.