Temporary Part-Time (Multiple courses/positions)
Subject Area: Professional Purchasing
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Duration: May to July 2017, continuing
Description of Position:
Instruction will be in the Continuing Studies Supply Chain and Logistics Post-Degree Diploma program, and will include courses covering topics in purchasing, procurement, and supplier relationship management, as well as the use of purchasing software, and supply-chain and logistics.
The prospective instructor must be available to teach in class during the daytime for the program. Classes will be scheduled on a weekly basis on Fridays (morning or afternoon) during the Summer 2017 term (beginning of May to end of July 2017). The prospective instructor must be available to teach in class at the Langara College main campus in Vancouver, BC.
The Instructor will deliver classroom instruction to adult students who have completed undergraduate degrees. Experience in facilitation or training in the procurement and purchasing fields, or academic teaching experience teaching in these fields, is preferred. The Instructor should demonstrate a high level of ability in promoting student learning that is in line with a comprehensive, prepared curriculum. Instructors will not have to develop their own courses.
- Develops and/or utilizes a variety of instructional strategies, techniques and delivery methods designed to meet the individual learning styles of students
- Instructs students using lectures, demonstrations, case studies, primary materials, discussion groups, and seminars
- Fosters a safe and inclusive learning environment
- Supports intercultural learning for diverse groups of students including International students
- Informs students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance policies
- Administers and grades class tests, assignments and examinations as required
- Advises students regarding their academic needs and refers them for additional assistance as needed
- Maintains the necessary supplies to teach class as required
- Maintains daily student records
- Other duties as assigned
Reporting on Student Progress
- Keeps records of student work and correspondence (if necessary), and maintains and reports student participation, evaluations/grades as appropriate
- Communication with Program Coordinator on curriculum, instructional and classroom management issues
- Discusses options for student success with Program Coordinator if a student is not completing modules within time frame or performance expectations.
- Provides Program Coordinator with student marked final exams and assignments
- Ensures students who are struggling, absent or have issues that affect their successful progress are supported, and refers students on a pro-active basis to the Program Coordinator
Qualifications for this position:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A relevant professional designation is required
- Recent industry experience of three years or more in a purchasing management or a supervisory role is required
- Training, skills-development and/or facilitation experience in the purchasing, procurement and negotiation field is preferred
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with people from various cultural and language backgrounds is preferred
- Ability to communicate well in English, orally and in writing is required.
Desirable Qualifications for this position:
- Post-secondary teaching experience in professional purchasing, supply chain management or related field
- Experience training individuals or groups in professional purchasing
Length of Appointment: This is a temporary position for 40 hours of classroom teaching (13 weeks), beginning in early May 2017 and extending through to the end of July 2017, with continuation and possibly additional courses in 2017, and onwards.
Application Information: Please quote competition # CS002-17 and the subject area of interest and submit your cover letter and résumé to the attention of Oren Lupo, Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: March 21, 2017 (applications will be reviewed before the closing date)
Competition No.:#CS002-17We thank you for your interest and advise that only those short listed will be contacted. We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.