Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: October 1, 2019 to November 1, 2020
Langara College is embarking on a multi-year project to modernize our operations and improve services for our students and employees, as a key vision of the Strategic Plan. To achieve that goal, we are implementing a new Enterprise Resource Program to transform our Student, Human Resources, and Finance administrative processes and system environments. The College will be implementing Workday, a cloud-based system and collaborating with Deloitte Consulting as the system implementer.
Under the general guidance of the Director, Operational Excellence, and Project Director, Training Specialist plans, develops and facilitates end user training of Workday platform and development content. Training Specialist is responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of end user training.
For more information on the Workday@Langara Project, please visit our website: https://langara.ca/campus-facilities/erp-program/index.html
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Bachelor’s degree in technology, education, communications, organizational development or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in developing training materials and delivering training, in a corporate environment to business end users
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Solid understanding of training planning, development, and delivery frameworks. Proven knowledge and continuous learning of organizational development and training discipline and best practices, and demonstrated contributions to practice improvement.
- Knowledge of organizational training management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to achieve a desired outcome.
- Experience in organizational change management, organization development, communications an asset.
- Training experience in Workday (or cloud-based ERP) implementations preferred
- Experience in software implementation projects in a training specialist role is preferred.
- Experience on an ERP implementation project is strongly preferred.
- Higher-education or public sector experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of Articulate Storyline an asset.
- Instructional design experience an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills. Able to multi-task and deliver multiple assignments in a fast-paced, changing environment under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies or technologies.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform complex work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and methods.
- Ability to write technical and user support documentation and training materials.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance to established policies, practices and standards.
- Comfort and experience interacting with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Solid understanding of key trends and players in the IT industry.
Salary Range: $62,342 - $83,122* - $91,435 Annualized (Pay Grade 8).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A045-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on August 22, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.