Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover letter) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Please note that there will be 4 positions in different functional areas including People and Culture, Finance and Operational Excellence. Workday experience is highly sought and preferred.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Start Date: ASAP
Under the general guidance of the leader of the designated operational area, this role acts as a primary resource and consults on business improvement, system transformation, and operational & informatics analytics. The Strategic Analytics Consultant identifies, recommends and implements opportunities for continuous improvement to systems and processes. This role provides ongoing support and training to end users and designated functional areas. In addition, in collaboration with stakeholder groups, IT, and systems vendors, is responsible for the maintenance, sustainment support and integration of systems such as Workday supporting People and Culture, Finance or Student Services, including testing, upgrade and product releases, and responding to systems-related questions.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role with a minimum of 1 year of in Data Analytics.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge or experience with an ITSM system is an asset.
- Experience working with SharePoint administration considered an asset.
- Experience with value stream mapping, business process and data analysis, business rules definition, data definition and preparation.
- Experience in research and analysis to support a best practice approach to future state processes.
- Experience in creating functional specifications for reports, workflow, interfaces (functional), and extensions.
- Experience in test planning, developing and documenting test scripts, supporting and participating in testing.
- Experience providing input for various change management and communication activities as required, including supporting the creation of training materials and user guides, identifying and supporting readiness activities.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, projects and initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong technical, problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies or technologies.
- Ability to perform complex work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and methods.
- Ability to write technical and user support documentation and training materials.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance to established policies, practices and standards.
- Ability to understand complex situations, tasks or problems, analyze them using a systematic approach and identify patterns and connections between situations that are not inherently obvious.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders ensuring stakeholder adoption.
- Innovation – welcomes, generates, and implements new ideas and solutions that help to achieve and organization’s strategic goals
- Problem solving and decision making – considers a wide range of information and perspectives to solve problems and make reasoned decisions; demonstrates a comfort with uncertainty and ambiguous conditions
- Achieves results – goal-oriented individual who thrives on achieving outcomes through consultative and collaborate methods.
- Integrity – acts with openness, honesty and respect to build and maintain an environment of trust
- Tenacity, resilience and patience – believes that own actions and efforts will overcome obstacles, make progress and attain successful results
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking - energizes people around the vision and keeps the bigger picture in mind
- Organizational awareness – understands and appreciates an organization’s internal culture and operating practices as well as the political and business climate in which the organization operates
Salary Range: $62,342.00 - $83,122.00* - $91,435.00 Annualized (Pay Grade 08).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:15am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A060-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 14, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.