Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Term of Appointment: October 1, 2018 to approximately February 28, 2020, or until return of incumbent
The Recruitment Associate supports the Recruitment Consultant and/or designated HR Consultant in the full-cycle recruitment and selection process for support staff and managerial positions. The Recruitment Associate reviews and enters recruitment documentation, responds to inquiries related to job offer and onboarding, and provides general information on HR processes, procedures, policies, benefit entitlements, collective agreements and guidelines. Liaises with hiring leaders and participates in recruitment related activities such as conducting pre-screening, testing, interviews and reference checks as required.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of Human Resources Diploma and a minimum of two years’ recruitment experience working in a Human Resources position preferably in a unionized environment OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience using a web content management system for job postings. Preference for individuals with cascade server CMS experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with current Human Resource Management practices.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal legislation covering Human Resource practices such as the Employment Standards Act, Freedom of Information/Protection of Privacy and Human Rights.
- Experience working with integrated corporate HRIS such as Worday, Sungard Banner, SAP or Peoplesoft preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with computer applications and databases with the ability to identify and resolve difficulties with information input and retrieval.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication and interviewing skills and the ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with employees from all levels of the College is expected.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with various groups in obtaining and conveying information about policies and procedures, providing assistance in completion of forms and maintaining supportive working relationships.
- Must have organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions.
- Intermediate to working level with MS Office Suite. Demonstrated ability to work with computer applications such as word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software in a Windows environment.
- Confidentiality in working with employee information and files.
- Ability to exercise initiative in contributing input into improvement to departmental operations and service to clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to providing excellent customer service skills, responding to enquiries and providing information regarding processes and guidelines, procedures such as recruitment and selection, appointment, and benefits administration.
Salary Range: $45,349 - $60,465* - $63,488 Annualized (Pay Grade 4).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A057-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 5, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.