Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: May 30, 2021
The Project Director, Quality Assurance Process Audit (QAPA) ensures that Langara is prepared for a successful Quality Assurance Process Audit (QAPA)*. The Project Director reviews policies, procedures, and processes relevant to academic program review and curriculum development, facilitates activities during the audit, writes institutional reports, and prepares recommendations for the future.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Academic (and in collaboration with other senior academic leaders, the Teaching and Curriculum Development Centre, and Academic Innovation), the Project Director supports the ongoing review of full-time post-secondary programs under the purview of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training (AEST). The Project Director, reviews the current processes, policies, and procedures related to academic quality; recommends changes needed prior to the audit; acts as lead for activities and reporting required as part of the audit, and provides recommendation for future development. By engaging in regular assessment and review processes, the College demonstrates its commitment to transparency and accountability, excellence and continuous improvements, strategic planning, and risk assessment and mitigation.
*The Quality Assurance Process Audit (QAPA) is an external review process to ensure that public post-secondary institutions periodically conduct rigorous, ongoing program and institutional quality assessment. All B.C. public institutions participate in the QAPA once every seven years.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Successful completion of a relevant Master’s degree. A doctorate degree is preferred.
- Minimally eight (8) years of progressive work experience including academic quality assurance, curriculum design and development, and program review.
- Minimally five (5) years of teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Considerable recent experience in curriculum development, including development for applied baccalaureate degrees and post-degree credentials.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated leadership experience of academic quality assurance,
- Knowledge and experience with the academic cycle, curriculum planning, and program review and renewal.
Knowledge of the BC post-secondary system including the rules, regulations, procedures, processes, and policies related to academic program, curriculum, assessment, and educational services.
- Proven planning and project management/matrix management experience.
- Proven team building, negotiating and facilitation experience.
- Knowledge of educational auditing processes related to program reviews, externally accredited programs.
- Experience in international education and indigenous education, an asset.
- Experience in alternative modes of teaching and learning, an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including communication (written and oral), negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- An ability to express views, ideas, and facts effectively both orally and in writing.
- A commitment to collaborative and consultative processes.
- A demonstrated ability to deal with individuals at all levels within a post-secondary institution.
- A demonstrated ability to deal with executive officers, government officials, agency representatives and colleagues from other colleges and universities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to a balance of qualitative and data-driven approach to decision making.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), email and internet browsers.
Salary Range: $80,438 - $107,250* - $123,338 Annualized (Pay Grade 13).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A060-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 29, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.