Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: October 14, 2019 to August 31, 2021
Langara College is embarking on a multi-year project to modernize our operations and improve services for our students and employees, as a key vision of the Strategic Plan. To achieve that goal, we are implementing a new Enterprise Resource Program to transform our Finance, Human Resources, and Student administrative processes and system environments. The College will be implementing Workday, a cloud-based system and collaborating with Deloitte Consulting as the system implementer. The Project Accounting Manager, ERP is responsible for the management, implementation and oversight of all financial activities for the ERP Project.
For more information on the ERP Project, please visit our website: https://langara.ca/campus-facilities/erp-program/index.html
This position leads and effectively manages all financial and accounting activities for the ERP Project and is responsible for: all transactional accounting processing; financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and related financial reconciliation and analysis as well as the development and monitor of control processes. This position communicates and shares information effectively and collaboratively with Budget Officers and external vendors to problem solve, track invoices and provide budget support as needed.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, economics, finance, or accounting.
- CPA professional accounting designation and membership in good standing with CPA-BC.
- Minimally five (5) years of recent relevant experience in a mid-level financial or accounting position in areas of accounting and financial reporting, preferably in a project accounting environment. Supervisory experience, preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working in cloud ERP project accounting is an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial accounting and management, control and reporting procedures, practices and policies.
- Intermediate knowledge of enterprise computerized information systems used in financial and accounting applications.
- Knowledge of internal control systems and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of MS Excel, software to compile, quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, and/or projections.
- Experience working in charitable foundations and/ or post-secondary institutions, an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Design, implement and evaluate financial data, reporting methods and procedures.
- Effective time management skills to handle dynamic and frequently changing priorities.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and strategy development skills.
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and has the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in an often fluid environment
- Superior use of diplomacy and persuasive negotiating skills in contacts with donors and prospective donors.
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously within a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and performs functions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to handle and safeguard confidential information and exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Advanced level with MS Office including MS Word and Excel.
- General knowledge and understanding of privacy policies.
Salary Range: $72,044 - $96,058* - $105,664 Annualized (Pay Grade 10).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A058-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 11, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.