**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Program Manager is responsible for developing, marketing and delivering a wide range of programs, courses and events that assist individuals to gain competencies primarily in their designated program area. Reporting to the Dean of Continuing Studies, the incumbent works in consultation with relevant bodies within Langara College, and advisory groups in the community to provide educational activities on a revenue-producing basis that meet the learning needs of the contemporary adult learner. This position involves preparing detailed expenditure and revenue plans for each educational offering.
The Creative and Applied Arts Department of Langara’s Continuing Studies Division conducts a variety of digital media programs in film, music production, and visual arts. It is currently preparing to launch its first full-time diploma programs (in 2D and 3D animation). We are looking for a well-organized Manager who will lead the ongoing development of the part-time programs while successfully launching the animation diplomas later this year. Applicants should be highly organized, have a strong background in program development, and be current in digital media technologies. Experience with full-time programming, domestic and international marketing, and international admissions are also valuable. The successful applicant will need to be able to work collaboratively with his or her Continuing Studies colleagues and effectively liaise with a variety of Langara support departments.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Adult Education or appropriate discipline from an accredited university, supplemented by a minimum combination of over five (5) and up to six (6) years experience in a Senior position in an adult education setting with responsibilities in program development, marketing, needs assessment, supervision of others, and financial management.
- Formal training in program development and business/project management required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience would be acceptable.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational and program planning skills.
- Proven creative leadership ability and interpersonal skills.
- Proven communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to assess community trends/issues and their impact on education institutions.
- Ability to be assertive when needed.
- Proven decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven analytical skills for report and financial analysis.
Salary Range: $2,570.83 - $3,336.81 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade O)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am - 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: February 7, 2018
Competition No.: A003-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.