Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume, cover, and Supplemental Information Request) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: December 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020
The Program Manager – Business and Technology Programs, is responsible for developing, marketing and delivering a wide range of programs, courses and events that assist individuals to gain competencies primarily in the areas of computer technology, business administration, real estate studies, financial management and organizational leadership. Reporting to the Dean of Continuing Studies, the incumbent works in consultation with relevant bodies within Langara College, and advisory groups in the community to provide educational activities on a revenue-producing basis that meet the learning needs of the contemporary adult learner. This position involves preparing detailed expenditure and revenue plans for each educational offering.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Adult Education or appropriate discipline from an accredited university, supplemented by a minimum combination of over five (5) and up to six (6) years experience in a Senior position in an adult education, computer technology, business, real estate and/or financial management environment.
- Experience in program development, marketing, needs assessment, personnel supervision and financial management required.
- Formal training in program development and project management required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience would be acceptable.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational and program planning skills.
- Proven creative leadership ability and interpersonal skills.
- Proven communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to assess community trends/issues and their impact on education institutions.
- Ability to be assertive when needed.
- Proven decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven analytical skills for report and financial analysis.
Salary Range: $72,044 - $96,058* - $105.664 Annualized (Pay Grade 10).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am - 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A056-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 11, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Additional Information Required: Please click here to download the Supplemental Information Request (SIR) and submit the completed form with your application. Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.