**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Program Coordinator , Supply Chain and Logistics Placements
Permanent, Part-Time (0.50 FTE)
Start Date: October 15, 2019
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for fostering key relationships with industry partners for hosting practicum students. The incumbent will oversee the planning and implementation of the ongoing practicum component of the program(s). Areas of responsibility will include: research on industry trends, prospecting and networking with host companies, on-site visits with employers, review of roles and duties for matching employer training projects with students, and evaluation of student training performance. The incumbent will also be responsible for the promotion and ongoing evaluation of the placement business processes. The incumbent will work at Langara College and occasionally travel off-site for meetings at host employers’ locations.
For a copy of the position description please click here.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education or Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited university or equivalent.
- Specialized training in area of program area for which the position is responsible.
- Four (4) years work experience related to program and/or project coordination; plus 3 years work experience related specifically to the content area.
- Experience working with post-secondary students and in developing practicum opportunities is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including advanced word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web and print publishing software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/course development, scheduling, market characteristics and supervision and evaluation practices.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary adult education principles.
- Experience and knowledge in the supply chain sector would be advantageous (e.g. procurement, operations, logistics, transportation and trade)
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to lead in a dynamic, market driven environment.
- Management and leadership skills to direct a team to meet organizational goals, including strong skills in supervision, training, and discipline.
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to monitor a budget.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven event management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people who have limited English language proficiency.
- Hours are based on 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. However, flexibility to work evenings is required to conduct site visits with host employers or attend program/industry events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- There are peak periods during which vacation requests may not be granted.
Salary Range: $62,342 - $83,122 - $91,435 Annualized (Pay Grade 8)
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Closing Date: September 18, 2019
Competition No.: A050-19
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date.
Additional Information Required: Please click here to download the Supplemental Information Request (SIR) and submit the completed form with your application. Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.