Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
Dates: December 12, 2018 to January 10, 2020
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for assessing prior learning for students applying to Langara College CS RMT Program. The Program Coordinator is responsible for meeting with students to determine their specific learning needs. Additional responsibilities include identifying learning needs of students, analysing and utilizing market trends, seeking input from external content experts and relevant internal sources, and inputting course and instructor data into the College computer system. The Program Coordinator is accountable for optimal enrolments, cost recovery plus revenue generation and adherence to approved Continuing Studies operational procedures and guidelines.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Registered Massage Therapist in good standing with the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education or Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited university or equivalent.
- Four (4) years’ work experience in the massage therapy industry including several years work experience related to program and/or project coordination.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including basic word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/course development in a curriculum related to massage therapy, scheduling, market characteristics and supervision and evaluation practices.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary adult education principles.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven event management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with the public.
Salary Range: $58,968 - $78,624* - $86,486 Annualized (Pay Grade 8).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am - 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A065-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on November 30, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.