Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: December 9, 2019
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the design, development, organization, promotion, implementation and evaluation of the Real Estate Program area within Langara College Continuing Studies (CS). Responsibilities include identifying learning needs of students, analysing and utilizing market trends, seeking input from external content experts and relevant internal sources; recruiting and selecting instructors and other pertinent personnel The Program Coordinator is accountable for strategic scheduling of program offerings, optimal enrolments, cost recovery plus revenue generation and adherence to approved College and Continuing Studies operational procedures and guidelines.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited university.
- Specialized training or exposure to program area for which the position is responsible.
- Four (4) years work experience related to post-secondary project/program coordination plus 3 years work experience related specifically to the content area.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including advanced word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web and print publishing software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/course development, scheduling, market characteristics and supervision and evaluation practices.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary adult education principles.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to lead in a dynamic, market driven environment.
- Leadership skills to be able to direct an instructional meet-to-meet program goals, including strong skills in supervision, training, and discipline.
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to monitor a budget.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven event management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people who have limited English language proficiency.
Salary Range: $62,342- $83,122* - $91,435 Annualized (Pay Grade 8).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am - 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A062-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 29, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Additional Information Required: Please click here to download the Supplemental Information Request (SIR) and submit the completed form with your application. Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.