Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume, cover, and Supplemental Information Request) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Dates: March 4, 2019
Reporting to the Student Support and Administrative Manager, Langara Language Training Centre, the Program Coordinator is responsible for design, development, organization, promotion, implementation and evaluation of the LEAP Program within the LLTC. Responsibilities include the day-to-day administration and operation of the LEAP Program, identifying learning needs of students, analyzing and utilizing market trends, recruiting and selecting administrative staff and other pertinent personnel, and overseeing the imputing of course and instructor data into the College computer system. The Program Coordinator is accountable for strategic scheduling of program offerings, optimal enrolments, cost recovery plus revenue generation and adherence to approved Continuing Studies operational procedures and guidelines.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education or an appropriate discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum five (5) years of recent experience in program administration and coordination of programs in a public or private post-secondary setting, including three (3) years of experience in a cross-cultural educational setting.
- Experience in Intensive English language programs, an asset.
- Experience managing, recruiting, supervising, evaluating and disciplining administrative staff.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- General knowledge of other cultures, their history, religions, norms and customs.
- Knowledge of the British Columbia post-secondary education system.
- Collegiality – values and demonstrates inclusivity, openness, civility and respect.
- Problem solving and decision making – considers a wide range of information and perspectives to solve problems and make reasoned decisions; demonstrates a comfort with uncertainty and ambiguous conditions
- Organizational awareness – understands and appreciates an organization’s internal culture and operating practices as well as the political and business climate in which the organization operates.
- Innovation – welcomes, generates, and implements new ideas and solutions that help to achieve an organization’s strategic goals.
- Integrity – acts with openness, honesty and respect to build and maintain an environment of trust.
- Student Focus – making decisions with the students in mind, focusing on providing the best possible experience for the student.
- Professional maturity – demonstrates courage to take on issues and make tough decisions while managing self with aplomb and emotional maturity.
- Tenacity, resilience and patience – believes that own actions and efforts will overcome obstacles, make progress and attain successful results.
- Business awareness – considers and understand the financial, operational and human perspective and impact of decisions.
- Team leadership – creates team spirit and helps to direct individuals toward achievement of team and organization goals. Inspires others to do their best, develop professionally and contribute to the success of the leadership team.
- Relationship management – builds and maintains a crucial network of contacts both internally and externally.
- Achieve results – goal-oriented person who thrives on achieving outcomes through consultative and collaborative methods.
Skills & Abilities
- Superior ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with students, staff, faculty, government, other college/universities, external agencies, and the general public.
- Superior ability to communicate in a cross-cultural setting, with a range in English language ability.
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered service model. Strong information literacy and computer skills.
- Good organization, program research and design skills to achieve strategic objectives.
- Highly developed administrative, leadership and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with other administrative personnel, faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Exceptional ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Superior ability to make sound decisions by exercising judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion in a high pressure, high volume environment with changing and conflicting priorities.
- Extensive interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Superior ability to develop, interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality.
Salary Range: $60,088 - $80,118* - $88,130 Annualized (Pay Grade 08).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am – 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A003-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on January 21, 2019
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Additional Information Required: Please click here to download the Supplemental Information Request (SIR) and submit the completed form with your application. Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.