Temporary, Full Time
Start Date: July 16, 2018 to January 31, 2019
Reporting to a Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the promotion, design, organization, implementation and evaluation of programs within Langara College Continuing Studies (CS). In this position, the Program Coordinator is responsible for Custom & Corporate Training and assigned programs.
Responsibilities include identifying needs and developing training solutions for businesses in the Lower Mainland and International Higher Education clients. The Program Coordinator designs courses and programs based on the needs of each client. When developing courses and program, the Program Coordinator will recruit and select instructors and other pertinent personnel to fulfil training programs for our external clients. Depending on the clientele, additional responsibilities may include organizing cultural tours, guest speakers, interpreters for language translation, organizing program completion celebrations, etc.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education or Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Previous work experience in business development, sales or marketing.
- Four (4) years work experience related to educational programing and/or project coordination.
- Previous experience working at a private or public education institution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including advanced word processing and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated proficiency in online learning management systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in content management systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/course development, scheduling, market characteristics and supervision and evaluation practices.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary adult education principles.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to lead in a dynamic, market driven environment.
- Management and leadership skills to direct a team to meet organizational goals, including strong skills in supervision, training, and sales / business development.
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to monitor a budget.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven event management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people who have limited English language proficiency.
- Mandarin proficiency desired but not required.
Salary Range: $58,968 - $78,624* - $86,486 Annualized (Pay Grade 8).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am - 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A027-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on June 26, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.