Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume, cover, and Supplemental Information Request) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible to January 6, 2020
Reporting to the Program Manager (CS Creative and Applied Arts), the Program Coordinator is responsible for the design, development, organization, promotion, implementation and evaluation of the foundation and advanced animation programs within Langara College Continuing Studies (CS). Responsibilities include identifying learning needs of students, analysing and utilizing market trends, seeking input from external content experts and relevant internal sources, selecting and training instructors and other pertinent personnel, inputting course and instructor data, and liaising with program partners for the effective delivery of the relevant programs. The Program Coordinator is also accountable for the pedagogical and administrative support of the animation programs, as well as ensuring the programs’ adherence to approved Continuing Studies operational procedures and guidelines.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education or Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited university or equivalent.
- Specialized training in area of program area for which the position is responsible.
- Four (4) years’ work experience related to program and/or project coordination.
- Three (3) years’ work experience related to animation and/or film industries.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including basic word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web and print publishing software an asset (e.g., CMS, Adobe Illustrator, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/course development, scheduling, market characteristics and supervision and evaluation practices.
- Experience using a learning management system (e.g., Moodle, Canvas) to support students’ learning.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary adult education principles.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to lead in a dynamic, market-driven environment.
- Management and leadership skills to direct a team to meet organizational goals, including strong skills in supervision, training, and discipline.
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to monitor a budget.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven event management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with the public.
Salary Range: $60,088 - $80,118* - $88,130 Annualized (Pay Grade 8).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A033-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on June 18, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Additional Information Required: Please click here to download the Supplemental Information Request (SIR) and submit the completed form with your application. Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.