Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume, cover, and Supplemental Information Request) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: September 15, 2019
The Manager, Workday Sustainment and Support is responsible for the ongoing implementation, evaluation, and integration of Workday as the College’s platform for Finance, Human Resources and Student processes, ensuring timely and effective release management, and providing support to end users in the college community. This position, in collaboration with leadership, stakeholders, and vendors, identifies opportunities where Workday capabilities can align with business needs and supports continuous business process improvement.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent education and training.
- Eight (8) years of recent and progressively senior level experience in business management and/or project management experience including:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing HR, Finance or Student Information related systems.
- Experience implementing ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solutions, ideally in a cloud-based environment.
- Experience with the Workday platform (HCM, Finance, Student) strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience in project management (P.M.P. or Scrum Master Certification preferred).
- Experience using a variety of project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, and P.M.I.
- Experience in higher education and public sector setting preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven stakeholder management and change management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized, team-oriented and flexible.
- Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users.
- Proven ability to lead, collaborate with and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously within a team environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Salary Range: $2,871.06 - $3,828.09* - $4,210.89 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 11).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A037-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on July 12, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.