Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Dates: As Soon As Possible
The Manager, Organizational Change Management provides leadership and direction to the Organizational Change Management (OCM) team in the creation and implementation of change management strategies to support the implementation, adoption and sustainment of College-wide initiatives regarding people, process and technology, including the Workday@Langara ERP system, IT and other organizational changes. This position advises key stakeholders and project leaders on change impacts and supports the OCM team in promoting change adoption across the Langara community. Under the leadership of the Director, this position also contributes to the development of policies and procedures that facilitate College change initiatives.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Organizational Management or relevant discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
- Current ProSci or equivalent change management certification.
- PMP or other project management certification strongly preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in organizational change management, organization development, communications or a related field including:
- Change management experience in ERP/software implementation projects.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience.
- Higher-education or public sector experience is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Solid understanding of change processes and their impacts on both individuals and organizations.
- Knowledge of organizational change management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Comfort and experience interacting with and influencing senior executives.
- Strong knowledge of business process mapping and improvement/optimization. Knowledge of BPMN.
- Solid understanding of key trends and players in the IT industry.
- Proven knowledge and continuous learning of organizational change management discipline and best practices, and demonstrated contributions to practice improvement.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills. Able to multi-task and deliver multiple assignments in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Superior leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a complex reporting structure.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies or technologies.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform complex work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and methods.
- Ability to write technical and user support documentation and training materials.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance to established policies, practices and standards.
- Tenacity, resilience and patience – believes that own actions and efforts will overcome obstacles, make progress and attain successful results
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking - energizes people around the vision and keeps the bigger picture in mind
- Organizational awareness – understands and appreciates an organization’s internal culture and operating practices as well as the political and business climate in which the organization operates
- Innovation – welcomes, generates, and implements new ideas and solutions that help to achieve and organization’s strategic goals
- Problem solving and decision making – considers a wide range of information and perspectives to solve problems and make reasoned decisions; demonstrates a comfort with uncertainty and ambiguous conditions
- Achieves results – goal-oriented individual who thrives on achieving outcomes through consultative and collaborate methods.
- Integrity – acts with openness, honesty and respect to build and maintain an environment of trust.
- Team Leadership – creates team spirit and helps to direct individuals toward achievement of team and organizational goals. Inspires others to do their best, develop professionally, and contribute to the success of the team.
- Relationship Management – builds and maintains a crucial network of contacts both internally and externally.
Salary Range: $77,447 - $103,263* - $113,589 Annualized (Pay Grade 11).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A049-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on September 10, 2019
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.