Permanent, Full Time
Start date: As soon as possible
The Manager, Marketing Communications (“M.MarCom”) leads the creation of high quality marketing communications materials for Langara through effective planning, organizing, scheduling and evaluating the work of internal teams. Under the leadership of the Director, this position is responsible for implementing policies, standards, and procedures and ensuring quality control. The Manager is an integral part of C&M’s leadership team.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related discipline. Masters preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years direct related experience in an integrated communications and marketing environment including client services/account management. Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a managerial, supervisory or leadership role, preferably in a unionized environment. Experience in higher education marketing and communications an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience managing a team, including supervising, recruitment, selection, training, performance management, and discipline of staff.
- Advanced knowledge of branding, marketing, communications, and public relations principles, strategies, techniques, and concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing communications project management principals and tools, including briefs, work backs, and take to market plans. Experience with work management systems such as Workfront, as asset.
- Proven record of successfully managing projects to completion and coaching others.
- Familiarity with prepress skills, including colour correction and pre-flighting.
- Familiarity with design processes an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of office applications such as MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity with design and content management software tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Cascade Server) an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced writing, proofreading and editing skills for different types of media with an eye to detail for design, content, and brand.
- Strong communication skills, including client presentations and public speaking.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Ability to oversee the production of quality and creative marketing communications solutions to meet the College’s strategic goals and client’s needs on time and within budget.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and strategy development skills, with knowledge of data-driven communication and marketing planning principles and practices.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to innovate, problem-solve, take initiative, exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with internal/external clients and colleagues, in a respectful and consultative manner.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Works well under pressure and takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to optimize the most cost effective utilization of resources across competing projects.
- Ability to manage, track, and make good business decisions about project priorities, progress and results.
- Ability to plan, schedule, direct, evaluate and supervise employees.
- Ability to motivate, coach, mentor, train and lead employees within a creative and technical team in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide accurate budget estimates and monitor the budget.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Enthusiastically stays current on best practices in marketing, communications, production management, and related technologies and tools, and identifies opportunities to leverage them in support of the organization’s goals.
Salary Range: $73,256 - $97,674* - $107,442 Annualized (Pay Grade 11).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A055-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 12, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.