Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume, cover, and Supplemental Information Request) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: June 2019
Reporting to the Director, International Education Operations, the Manager, International Marketing is a member of the International Education Marketing team. Working collaboratively within IE, the Manager, International Marketing undertakes a range of marketing activities within a defined jurisdiction targeted toward the recruitment of international students to increase enrolment within the portfolio. This position is mainly responsible for countries within the African Continent, Eastern Europe, South Asia, Middle East, and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
The scope of responsibilities includes developing a targeted International Student Marketing Plan, facilitating the development of international partnerships and training contracts, and working with overseas and local education agents and partners. The activities of the Manager will vary depending on the time of year and departmental needs, and will include international travel for periods of two to three weeks 3-5 times per year
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, such as Business Administration with a major in marketing, Cross-cultural Studies, or International Education field.
- Minimum five (5) years of directly related experience in managing student marketing and strategic alliance development, including administrative and financial management within the market portfolio, including experience within one or more of the following regions: African Continent, Eastern Europe, South Asia, Middle East, and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). .
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Written and oral fluency in a secondary language such as Farsi, Russian, Ukrainian, Punjabi, or Iranian is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of the British Columbia education system.
- Good knowledge of world geography, history, politics and current and local affairs.
- Experience in international education, particularly working in cross-cultural environment.
- Experience in negotiating agreements in an international setting.
- Experience providing informational seminars to international students and partners.
- General knowledge of Canadian immigration policy and procedures as they relate to international students.
- Experience with issues related to cultural integration and intercultural communication.
- Experience supervising and managing staff, including hiring, evaluating, and mentoring subordinates and in-country representatives.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and second language (if applicable).
- Superior ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with students, staff, faculty, government, other college/universities, external agencies, and the general public.
- Demonstrated commitment to a student-centred service model.
- Good organization, program research and design skills to achieve strategic objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with other administrative personnel, faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, interests, and abilities.
- Exceptional ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to develop and manage staff, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Superior ability to make sound decisions by exercising judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion in a high pressure, high volume environment with changing and conflicting priorities.
- Extensive interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong information literacy and computer skills.
- Superior ability to develop, interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality.
- Although most of the work for this position will be done at the College, applicants should be prepared to travel internationally for periods of two to three weeks, three to five times per year.
- Hold a valid passport and be able to acquire a visa into countries that the College fosters relationships and within the marketing portfolio of this position.
- Travelling overseas will involve risks and hazards to health and personal safety. Living and sanitary conditions may not be up to Canadian standards.
- The Manager will be required to carry heavy promotional materials and equipment to hot and humid locations, work long and non-traditional hours, and eat a variety of ethnic foods.
- There will also be a requirement to travel within Metro Vancouver to attend various career fairs, secondary schools, or post-secondary institutions, or other student recruitment events. A valid Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required.
- Have no criminal record that would interfere with carrying out duties of the job.
- May occasionally work weekends and weeknights to attend functions, events, and during travel, etc.
- The incumbent works primarily on campus in the International Education Department; to meet operating requirements and deadlines, vacation time will need to coincide with low service periods.
Salary Range: $64,595 - $86,127* - $94,739 Annualized (Pay Grade 9).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A026-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on May 22, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Additional Information Required: Please click here to download the Supplemental Information Request (SIR) and submit the completed form with your application. Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.