**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
International Student Coordinator, PDD Programs, LSM REVISED
Start Date: As soon as possible - May 31, 2019
Reporting to the Manager of International Student Services and the Division Chair, Management Programs, the LSM International Student Coordinator (ISC) is a member of the International Student Services Team and the LSM Student Support Team. The LSM ISC provides day-to-day service, support and information to the Langara School of Management’s Post-Degree Diploma international student population. Position provides information to international students including student engagement resources, academic requirements and expectations, medical insurance, referrals to Immigration Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) resources, cross-cultural adaption, etc. This position supports LSM Post Degree Diploma (PDD) international students’ adjustment to Langara and increases their engagement in extracurricular activities through development and delivery of various programs and workshops
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline such as Business, Social Services, Social Science, Humanities or International Education field.
- Over two years of related experience in a cross-cultural educational setting with experience in the design, planning, and delivery of support services/programs and workshops to students, preferably international students.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages is preferred. Punjabi, Hindi, Portuguese, and/or Vietnamese. The secondary language requirement may change, as required, to reflect current and projected international student population.
- Certification from Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) as a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) OR Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA), a preferred asset.
- General knowledge of other cultures, their history, religions, norms and customs.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge in the use of computer applications including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel), e-mail and Internet searching.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English, including cross-cultural communication skills.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills in a cross-cultural setting.
- Ability to research, design and present program information.
- Ability to effectively work with and provide information, assistance and related services to international students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a student service team, as well as independently.
- Ability to provide leadership in organizing and motivating individuals and groups of people.
- Hold a valid passport and be able to acquire a visa into countries that the College fosters relationships.
- Able to travel provincially, nationally and internationally.
- Have no criminal record that would interfere with carrying out duties of the job.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident in Canada, or hold a valid Canadian Work Permit for the entire duration of the temporary contract.
- May be required to work some non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends.
- Vacation time will need to coincide with low service periods and not in conflict with the other staff vacation requests.
- Ability to physically handle heavy materials and/or equipment (i.e. promotional materials, display stands for student events).
Salary Range: $1,768.14 - $2,210.17 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade H)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: May 8, 2017
Competition No.: A015-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.