Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume, cover, and Supplemental Information Request) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: November 4, 2019
Reporting to the Associate Director, International Programs, the International Programs Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the effective design, development, delivery and evaluation of international and domestic contract group programs such as the Explore Program, SELP groups, and the Takudai Program. The incumbent will also assist, when required, with the administration and implementation of the homestay program.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline such as Education, Cross-cultural Studies, or International Education field.
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) certification or equivalent required.
- Minimum 4 years of recent related experience in International Education including: experience teaching ESL; the coordination of ESL programs including curriculum development and assessment, budgeting, hiring, instructor hiring and training; and student support.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with cross-cultural issues,
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and mediation experience.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of computer applications including: word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet(Excel), database management (MS Access), e-mail, and internet navigation.
Skills & Abilities
- Superior ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills combined with an understanding of diversity, and cross-cultural communication, conflict management and mediation skills.
- Good organization, program research and design skills needed to achieve program and strategic planning goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered service model.
- Strong information literacy and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train, supervise and support staff.
- Effective, creative problem-solving and analytical skills with proven ability to effectively manage crisis situations.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Superior ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious relationships at all levels, both within and outside the organization including students, faculty, and administrators.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills and ability to manage a crisis situation.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate in another language is an asset (e.g. French, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean)
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and vehicle to drive on a daily basis with personal and valid automotive insurance
Salary Range: $2,397.76 - $3,197.01* - $3,516.71 Annualized (Pay Grade 8).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am - 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A055-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 4, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Additional Information Required: Please click here to download the Supplemental Information Request (SIR) and submit the completed form with your application. Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.