**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Applications Instructions carefully.**
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
As a member of the Organizational Risk and Internal Control team, the Internal Auditor is responsible for conducting audits and evaluation of control processes with the goal of assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of operations; reliability of financial reporting; and compliance with applicable policy, laws and regulations in a fiscally and ethically responsible manner. The Internal Auditor improves the effectiveness of risk management by evaluating internal controls; evaluating performance metrics; reviewing governance processes; reviewing operational processes and then providing advice and recommendations for improvements that enhance the stewardship of College resources and support the College’s operational and strategic plans. Internal audits may include financial, managerial, performance, operational and compliance audits.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or a related area required.
- Certified Internal Auditor (Practicing Status), or Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (with membership in good standing) required.
- Over 8 years internal auditing experience required, preferably in the public sector and/or post-secondary sector.
- Experience using risk methodology and implementing internal control frameworks.
- Experience performing operational, financial, and/or information technology audits.
- Experience using an integrated ERP system, i.e. Banner, PeopleSoft, or SAP.
- Experience preparing internal audit and risk assessment reports.
- Knowledge of with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Auditing.
- Knowledge of auditing techniques and theory in order to perform internal audits normally acquired by functioning as an internal or external auditor.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including SQL/ODBC queries, i.e. MS Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint etc.
- Knowledge of risk, governance, and control frameworks (e.g.CAN/CSA ISO 31000).
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to exercise high sense of objectivity, judgement, and independence in determining scope of work, and apply the techniques required to accomplish audit and control objectives.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to conduct highly confidential work in an objective and ethical manner
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to manage customer relationships.
- Ability to exercises a high degree of tact, diplomacy, and professionalism with others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent organization, time, and project management skills.
- Ability to pay attention and be accurate.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to think innovatively and using creativity.
- Members of the college are responsible for providing the Internal Auditor with free and unrestricted access to all college departmental and personnel records, physical property, any other documentation in any form whatsoever of the College.
- The Internal Auditor is responsible for acting upon confidential information to perform responsibilities and duties of the auditing and controls function.
Salary Range: $73,750 - $97,674* - $107,442 Annually (Pay Grade 11)
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Shortlised candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: Until Filled
Competition No.: A013-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.