Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible to February 28, 2020
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources Operations, this position is the first line of contact for the College’s Human Resources Department. The position is responsible for providing customer services to employees, students and the general public. The HR Services Clerk provides clerical and administrative support to HR staff including typing, filing, and routine data entry into the Banner (HRIS) system.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 graduation and completion of a one year business or office administration program (including some HR courses) or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of recent related experience in an office or customer service setting.
- Experience dealing with high volume inquiries via front counter, e-mail and by phone.
- Experience using an integrated information system in an office environment.
- Intermediate level computer skills including: keyboarding at 40 wpm (word processing and data entry), spreadsheet, data base and e-mail management.
- Experience working with the updating and maintaining web pages and performing internet searches.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively respond to a wide variety of enquiries in a courteous, pleasant and helpful manner and provide assistance, information and referral when necessary.
- Ability to communicate in other languages an asset.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to problem solve, to work independently as well as to interact and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to calmly and effectively work with periods of high volume.
- Ability to multitask and work with frequent interruptions, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work and adapt to a changing environment and exercise initiative.
- Ability to enter data with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, in working with employee information and files and collective bargaining and labour relations information, as well as handling sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to operate various related equipment such as filing systems, personal computers, scanners, printers, photocopiers and fax machines.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
Salary Range: $1,595.65 - $2,127.54* - $2,233.91 Annualized (Pay Grade 2).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A054-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 2, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.