Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Start Date: As Soon As Possible to February 28, 2020
Reporting to the Vice-President, People and Culture, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Director, HR Systems, Services and Payroll, the Human Resources Business Analyst (HRBA) provides analytical expertise in the development, documentation, implementation of Human Resources related reports, dashboards and statistical data within the team and the Langara community. This position supports the operational needs of the department with the extraction, compilation and analysis of data. In addition, the HRBA provides expertise in the evaluation, documentation and implementation of HR Information Systems and or upgrades, including the preparation and training of end users. The HRBA is responsible for database administration and maintenance and leads or participates in process improvement initiatives to ensure effective use of the HR systems.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, information systems, or related field; or HR diploma supplemented with specialized courses in information management systems.
- A CHRP designation is an asset.
- Four (4) years of HRIS support experience with increasing responsibility, complemented with some generalist human resources experience preferably in a multi-union environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Considerable experience writing reports using relational databases, reporting tools, and spreadsheet software.
- Experience working with an enterprise resource system.
- Experience analyzing and implementing business process improvements.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal legislation covering human resources practices such as Employment Standards Act, Freedom of Information/Protection of Privacy and Human Rights.
- Advanced level in the use of standard computer applications including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), database management (MS Access), organizational chart software (Visio), internet searching and email.
- Knowledge of business process improvement methodology.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform research, organize and compile information, conduct analysis, and evaluate data.
- Ability to perform complex work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to describe technical concepts to users and train users on computer applications.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and methods.
- Ability to write technical and user support documentation and training materials.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance to established policies, practices and standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with large sensitive data sets.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing and assigning work.
Salary Range: $54,854 - $73,139* - $80,453 Annualized (Pay Grade 7).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A056-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 11, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.