Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover letter) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As Soon As Possible to February 28, 2020
Under general supervision, the HR Associate assists the HR Consultants to compile, maintain and process information relating to staffing, recruitment, training, employee and labour relations, performance evaluations and job classifications. The HR Associates provides administrative support in processing information for College employees, responds to enquiries and provides information to department heads, division chairs, students and the general public. The HR Associates provide general information on HR processes, procedures, policies, benefit entitlements, collective agreements and guidelines. Reviews and enters recruitment documentation.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of Human Resources Diploma and a minimum of two years’ experience working in a Human Resources position preferably in a unionized environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal legislation covering Human Resource practises such as the Employment Standards Act, Freedom of Information/Protection of Privacy and Human Rights.
- Knowledge of and experience with current Human Resource Management practises.
- Knowledge and experience with computer applications and databases with the ability to identify and resolve difficulties with information input and retrieval.
- Experience working with integrated corporate HRIS such as Sungard Banner, SAP or Peoplesoft preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with various groups in obtaining and conveying information about policies and procedures, providing assistance in completion of forms and maintaining supportive working relationships.
- Must have organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with computer applications such as word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software in a Windows environment
- Intermediate to Advanced working level with MS Office (including MS Access).
- Excellent communication and interviewing skills and the ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with employees from all levels of the College is expected.
- Confidentiality in working with employee information and files.
- Ability to exercise initiative in contributing input into improvement to departmental operations and service to clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to providing excellent customer service skills, responding to enquiries and providing information regarding processes and guidelines, procedures such as recruitment and selection, appointment, and benefits administration.
Salary Range: $1,777.33 - $2,369.77* - $2,488.26 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 04).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A032-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on June 17, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce