**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Director, Labour Relations & Human Rights, this position is the first line of contact for the College’s Human Resources Department. The position is responsible for providing customer services to employees, students and the general public. The HR Services Clerk provides clerical and administrative support to HR staff including typing, filing, and routine data entry into the Banner (HRIS) system.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 graduation and one year business program (HR certificate program courses) or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of recent related experience in an office or customer service setting.
- Experience dealing with high volume inquiries via front counter, e-mail and by phone.
- Intermediate level computer skills including: keyboarding at 40 wpm (word processing and data entry), spreadsheet, data base and e-mail management.
- Experience working with the updating and maintaining web pages and performing internet searches.
- Desktop publishing skills an asset (e.g.Cascade).
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively respond to a wide variety of enquiries in a courteous, pleasant and helpful manner and provide assistance, information and referral when necessary.
- Ability to communicate in other languages an asset.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to problem solve, to work independently as well as to interact and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to calmly and effectively work with periods of high volume.
- Ability to multitask and work with frequent interruptions, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work and adapt to a changing environment and exercise initiative.
- Ability to enter data with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, in working with employee information and files and collective bargaining and labour relations information, as well as handling sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to operate various related equipment such as filing systems, personal computers, scanners, printers, photocopiers and fax machines.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
Salary Range: $1,514.07 - $1,892.58 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade E)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: September 1, 2017
Competition No.: A041-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.