Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Manager, Safety & Security this position performs a broad range of tasks involving development, planning, and coordination of activities related to the implementation and function of the Occupational Health and Safety Programs. Ensuring that the college is in compliance with regulatory agencies requirements relating to general safety, occupational health, ergonomic assessments, risk assessments, WHMIS and emergency response plans.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Two (2) year diploma in Occupational Health and Safety from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation, an asset.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in occupational health & safety in a public sector environment, preferably in an educational setting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with WHMIS.
- OFA2 and/or First Aid instructor designation is preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, relating effectively to faculty and staff of various backgrounds, both internal and external.
- Proven ability to develop and lead safety programs and to handle safety incidents/investigations with good judgement, confidence and authority
- Proven ability to successfully promote a culture of Health & Safety
- Ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervisor.
- Proficiency with personal computers, word processing and email.
Salary Range: $54,854 - $73,139* - $80,453 Annualized (Pay Grade 7)
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A025-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on June 17, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the following carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.