Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Vice-President, External Development, the Director, International Education, provides leadership, guidance, and strategic support to College stakeholders related to international education marketing, student recruitment, student services, and in collaboration with Registrar and Enrolment Services, international admissions, registration, and enrolment management. The Director is integral to planning and advising senior level management on the impact of strategic choices and provides options to best support the implementation of the College’s strategic decisions. The position is responsible for the ongoing leadership and management of the unit and collaborates with the directors and managers of International Education (IE), Regular Studies (RS), Continuing Studies (CS), Registrar and Enrolment Services (RES) & Student Services and other College departments to establish goals, priorities, programming, and procedures in alignment with the College’s strategic and operational plans.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Graduate degree in an appropriate discipline such as education, cross-cultural studies, business administration, or international education fields.
- Minimum ten (10) years of recent and progressively senior level experience in International Education including a breadth of exposure to marketing and recruitment, student services, student engagement, and retention programs.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Experience in customer centred (student/faculty) service in a public post-secondary institution is desirable.
- Experience with the administration of budgets, financial reporting, human resources, and program delivery.
- Experience with dealing with the broad range of issues related to international students.
- Good knowledge of world geography, history, politics and current and local affairs.
- Considerable sensitivity to and experience in cross-cultural settings in various environments and with different cultural client groups.
- Knowledge of the British Columbia post-secondary education system.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others, providing clear and accurate information, both verbally, in writing, and through presentations.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and presentation.
- Effectively lead, motivate, and direct the work of others in a collegial and collaborative way.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Respond to challenges with innovative solutions or services, applying intuition, experimentation, and alternate perspective.
- Ability to assess community trends/issues and their impact on education institutions.
- Resolve problems and issues by demonstrating sound judgement and applying analytical reasoning.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to interpret, link, and analyze information to fully understand complex issues.
- Ability to meet changing priorities and deadlines while making responsible and non-routine decisions.
- Develop and inspire commitment to a vision of success when supporting, promoting, and implementing the College’s values, strategies, and policies
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests.
- Understand key business drivers for performance and apply use of sound business practices.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing and assigning work.
- Maintaining effectiveness when managing urgent and dynamic priorities.
- Good working knowledge of CRM and ERP.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of MS Office including spreadsheet (i.e., Excel) and relational database (i.e., Access) software to compile, quantify, and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, and/or projections.
Salary Range: $93,544 - $124,725* - $143,433 Annualized (Pay Grade 14).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A043-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on August 9, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.