Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: October 15, 2019 to October 1, 2020
The IT Development Manager (DM) is responsible for the delivery of high quality information technology solutions that address complex technical and business problems. In collaboration with the Associate Director, Development, the IT-DM executes the department’s vision and strategy, promotes the best practices and standards, and provides leadership, guidance and mentoring to his/her team members. In this role, the Development Manager establishes and maintains highly effective communications and collaborative relationships with his/her subordinates, peers, management and all other stakeholders.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in computing science or equivalent information technology discipline.
- Additional specialized industry training of up to one year in programming languages and software development techniques.
- Eight (8) years of recent related senior level experience including a minimum of six (6) years of coding, four (4) years of design, and four (4) years of business analysis. Experience should also include a minimum two (2) years of team leadership and two (2) years of project management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented design and programming, SDLC methodologies, tools, and techniques, and agile practices.
- Good understanding of UML and experience with at least one of the UML modeling tools [Desired].
- Strong practical knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices, including developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones and deliverables, monitoring activities and reporting on accomplishments.
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the Software Configuration Management methodologies, practices and tools, supported by hands-on experience building an SCM environment within Java/Oracle technology stack.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in both highly technical and non-technical environments with all levels of the organization. Effective presentation communication skills required and able to clearly explain concepts to diverse audiences.
- Ability to direct complex technology projects, including developing proposals, setting budgets, project planning and implementation.
- Ability to effectively lead and direct the work of others in a collegial setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, faculty, employees, students, vendors, other institutions, external agencies and/or the general public.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and to provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Ability to develop, plan, execute and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to effectively meet deadlines and organizational requirements.
- Ability to maintain a broad knowledge of current technology and practices in information systems and technology.
- Ability to interpret and comply with policies, procedures and regulations.
Salary Range: $77,447 - $103,263* - $113,589 Annualized (Pay Grade 11).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am – 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A052-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on September 12, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.