Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover letter) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible – February 28th, 2020.
The Coordinator, HR Strategic Initiatives is responsible for overseeing projects, events, and programs on behalf of the HR Department and providing relevant communications and strategic support. The position also provides research, analysis, and assistance in support of strategic HR initiatives. Working within a collaborative setting, the incumbent will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve goals in alignment with work performance standards set by the College.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in human resource management, communications, or business management.
- Minimum of four (4) years of recent and directly related experience working in a human resources office, preferably within a multi-union environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of human resources legislation and professional practices relating to labour relations, recruitment, HR planning and development, occupational health and safety, and compensation.
- Knowledge of content management systems, social media outlets, and human resources information systems (HRIS).
- Advanced proficiency of standard computer applications including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), database management (Access), presentations (PowerPoint), organization charts (Visio), internet searching and email.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate through a variety of outlets.
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with senior management, employees, external agencies, other post-secondary institutions, and/or the general public.
- Effective project management skills; including effective organizational skills (planning, scheduling, coordinating)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines, prioritizing, and coping with interruptions.
- Effective attention to detail skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality through tact and discretion when conducting research or working with employee information and confidential files.
- Ability to perform research, problem solve, organize material, conduct analysis, and evaluate data.
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision making; demonstrating consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity.
- Ability to perform routine and complex work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
Salary Range: $2,149.85 - $2,866.47* - $3,153.12 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 07).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A034-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on June 17, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.