Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Dates: As Soon As Possible
The Contract Administration Associate supports Organizational Risk and Internal Control with respect to the College’s Contract and Insurance Administration, which are critical components of the College’s Risk Management program. This position is responsible for maintaining all contract and insurance documentation and the processing of standardized contracts, affiliation agreements, student placement agreements, and waivers. This position supports the identification and mitigation of financial and other risk to the College through contract review and management. Performs other related duties as required.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor preferred or completion of a two year diploma in a related discipline such as business or law.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in an administrative role, inclusive of contract and insurance support experience, preferably within a post-secondary or public sector environment.”An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of contract law, indemnity, waivers, contract negotiation, risk management and risk transfer.
- Knowledge of the BC post-secondary system is an asset.
- Knowledge of contract law and insurance is an asset.
- Experience working in a large, complex organization is an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend legal documents (e.g. agreements, contracts) in plain English in accordance to contract law and other legal provisions.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with others using effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload and to perform tasks within strict deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Work in complex and/or sensitive situations; maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Work independently and take initiative with a minimum of supervision, work as a team member, use tact/diplomacy and meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Willingness to acquire skills as new activities are undertaken and changes in technology occur.
- Advanced computer skills with superior knowledge of the Microsoft suite of office products.
- 50 wpm.
Salary Range: $46,210 - $61,614* - $64,695 Annualized (Pay Grade 04).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A076-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on December 17, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.