Start date: As soon as possible
The Client Services Manager is responsible for the delivery and support of IT solutions and services to the College. The manager oversees and implements the service portfolio by providing service management based on industry best practices, key measurements and continuous service improvements. The Client Services Manager identifies and leads cross-team ITSM strategies and processes to support IT services and increase cost-effectiveness. The manager is responsible for the service lifecycle.
The Client Services Manager leads and oversees all aspect of the College Service Desk operations. In collaboration with the Associate Director, IT Operations, the manager executes the department’s vision and strategy, promotes the best practices and standards, and provides leadership, guidance and mentorship to his/her team members.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in computing science, engineering or equivalent information technology discipline.
- Certification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Certification in Knowledge Centred Support (KCS) methodologies, or equivalent.
- Eight (8) years of recent related IT managerial or supervisory level experience, including:
- Several years in IT service management and Client Services, IT management in an ITIL-oriented environment, Help Desk or Service Desk management, service or application design and architecture, telephony, and computer desktop support.
- Several years of team leadership.
- Considerable experience working in project managed teams or project management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent knowledge of ITSM best practices and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Experience and practical knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices, including developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones and deliverables, monitoring activities and reporting on accomplishments.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in both highly technical and non-technical environments with all levels of the organization. Effective presentation communication skills required and able to clearly explain concepts to diverse audiences.
- Excellent strategic planning, leadership, analytical, and change management skills.
- Ability to direct complex technology projects, including developing proposals, setting budgets, project planning and implementation.
- Ability to effectively lead and direct the work of others in a collegial setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, faculty, employees, students, vendors, other institutions, external agencies and/or the general public.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and to provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Ability to develop, plan, execute and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to effectively meet deadlines and organizational requirements.
- Ability to maintain a broad knowledge of current technology and practices in information systems and technology.
- Ability to interpret and comply with policies, procedures and regulations.
Salary Range: $73,256 - $97,674* - $107,442 Annualized (Pay Grade 11).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A046-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on August 31, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.