Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start date: August 15, 2019
Under the general guidance of the Director, Operational Excellence, the ERP Change Management Specialist will support the successful implementation of the Workday ERP system as well as other IT and operational change initiatives. This position is responsible for creating change management strategies using structured methodology, experience and situational details of the group(s) impacted to assist in completion of change initiatives regarding people, process and technology. This position also advises project leaders and sponsors on impacts both expected and not, assisting in promoting change adoption within their businesses.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in organizational change management, organization development, communications or a related field
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Bachelor’s degree in technology, communications, organizational management or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Change management experience in Workday (or cloud-based ERP) implementations preferred
- Experience in software implementation projects in a change management specialist role is preferred.
- Experience on an ERP implementation project is strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of change processes and their impacts on both individuals and organizations
- Knowledge of organizational change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Comfort and experience interacting with and influencing senior executives
- Strong knowledge of business process mapping and improvement/optimization. Knowledge of BPMN.
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to achieve an appropriate outcome.
- Solid understanding of key trends and players in the IT industry.
- Higher-education or public sector experience is an asset.
- Proven knowledge and continuous learning of organizational change management discipline and best practices, and demonstrated contributions to practice improvement.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills. Able to multi-task and deliver multiple assignments in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies or technologies.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform complex work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and methods.
- Ability to write technical and user support documentation and training materials.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance to established policies, practices and standards.
Salary Range: $2,311.09- $3,081.46* - $3,389.60 Annualized (Pay Grade 8).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A039-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on July 26, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.