Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As Soon As Possible to August 27, 2021
Langara College is embarking on a multi-year project to modernize our operations and improve services for our students and employees, as a key vision of the Strategic Plan. To achieve that goal, we are implementing a new Enterprise Resource Program to transform our Finance, Human Resources, and Student administrative processes and system environments. The College will be implementing Workday, a cloud-based system and collaborating with Deloitte Consulting as the system implementer.
Under the general guidance of the Project Manager and Project Director, the ERP Business Analyst leads the assessment of client needs to identify business requirements in alignment to information technology solutions. This position provides expertise in the areas of requirements definition, business process analysis and design, functional design, data, functional specifications for integrations and reporting configuration, implementation, testing, training and documentation to deliver enterprise solutions to the Project. This position also provides expertise in benefits realization management planning, reporting and tracking. The Business Analyst is an integral member of the ERP Project Management Office and has a strategic perspective and a broad-based understanding of business operations whilst integrating with an enterprise solution.
For more information on the ERP Project, please visit our website: https://langara.ca/campus-facilities/erp-program/index.html
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of business analysis experience, with in-depth knowledge of applications and the business requirements supporting them.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Considerable knowledge of project management, quality assurance and change management disciplines.
- Experience in software implementation projects in a business analyst role is preferred.
- Experience in producing business analysis deliverables such as: BRDs, use cases, user scenarios, user stories, BPMs.
- Experience on an ERP implementation project is strongly preferred. .
- Experience in benefits realization management is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of business process mapping and improvement/optimization. Knowledge of BPMN.
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to achieve an appropriate outcome.
- Knowledge of data analysis and data modeling (conceptual, logical).
- Solid understanding of key trends and players in the IT industry.
- Higher-education or public sector experience is an asset.
- Proven knowledge and continuous learning of business analysis discipline and best practices, and demonstrated contributions to practice improvement.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills. Able to multi-task and deliver multiple assignments in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies or technologies.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform complex work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and methods.
- Ability to write technical and user support documentation and training materials.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance to established policies, practices and standards.
- Tenacity, resilience and patience – believes that own actions and efforts will overcome obstacles, make progress and attain successful results
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking - energizes people around the vision and keeps the bigger picture in mind
- Organizational awareness – understands and appreciates an organization’s internal culture and operating practices as well as the political and business climate in which the organization operates
- Innovation – welcomes, generates, and implements new ideas and solutions that help to achieve and organization’s strategic goals
- Problem solving and decision making – considers a wide range of information and perspectives to solve problems and make reasoned decisions; demonstrates a comfort with uncertainty and ambiguous conditions
- Achieves results – goal-oriented individual who thrives on achieving outcomes through consultative and collaborate methods.
- Integrity – acts with openness, honesty and respect to build and maintain an environment of trust
Salary Range: $60,088 - $80,118* - $88,130 Annualized (Pay Grade 08).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A071-18
Closing Date: Until Filled
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.