Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Associate Registrar, Enrolment Services is a member of the leadership team of the Department, and will be responsible for overseeing, managing and implementing a variety of functions within Registrar and Enrolment Services. Main responsibilities of this position include curriculum review, financial aid, information services, records, registration, scheduling, student requests, and systems. Additional duties could include academic advising, admissions, events, international admissions, graduation, publications, student recruitment, transfer credit and articulation, and continuing studies.
The Associate Registrar is responsible for strategic operations, assessing and initiating change to existing services and developing new processes that will deliver effective operations and services within Registrar and Enrolment Services, and makes recommendations for policy changes in the area of responsibility. The position manages human resources for designated functional units and provides input in developing the department budget. The incumbent uses professional judgement and exercises delegated authority to make discretionary decisions that are exceptions to established regulations. The position works collaboratively with the Registrar, Associate Registrars, Assistant Registrars, Student Services leaders and members of the College Community to coordinate and deliver effective registrarial services.
Education & Experience
- Graduate degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum six (6) years of progressively senior level experience in the Registrar’s Office, including several years of management experience in a post-secondary institution.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience developing and implementing new strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the BC post-secondary system including the rules, regulations, procedures and policies as related to admissions, advising, curriculum review, financial aid, graduation, information services, records, registration, scheduling, systems and transfer credit and articulation.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including experience working with student information systems (e.g., Ellucian Banner), and experience in developing and implementing new technology-based systems.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in leading, managing and supervising in a unionized environment including recruitment, training, performance management and discipline of employees.
- Experience in managing an operational budget.
- Collegiality – values and demonstrates inclusivity, openness, civility and respect.
- Problem solving and decision making – considers a wide range of information and perspectives to solve problems and make reasoned decisions; demonstrates a comfort with uncertainty and ambiguous conditions.
- Organizational awareness – understands and appreciates an organization’s internal culture and operating practices as well as the political and business climate in which the organization operates.
- Innovation – welcomes, generates, and implements new ideas and solutions that help to achieve and organization’s strategic goals.
- Student Focus – making decisions with the students in mind, focusing on providing the best possible experience for the student.
- Integrity – acts with openness, honesty and respect to build and maintain an environment of trust.
- Professional maturity – demonstrates courage to take on issues and make tough decisions while managing self with aplomb and emotional maturity.
- Tenacity, resilience and patience – believes that own actions and efforts will overcome obstacles, make progress and attain successful results.
- Business awareness – considers and understands the financial, operational and human perspective and the impact of decisions.
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking - energizes people around the vision and keeps the bigger picture in mind.
- Team Leadership – creates team spirit and helps to direct individuals toward achievement of team and organizational goals. Inspires others to do their best, develop professionally and contribute to the success of the leadership team.
- Relationship management – builds and maintains a crucial network of contacts both internally and externally.
- Communication – uses the power of personal interaction and language to effectively influence, inspire and lead others.
- Achieves results – goal-oriented individual who thrives on achieving outcomes through consultative and collaborate methods.
Skills & Abilities
- Superior ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with students, staff, faculty, the Ministry, other college/universities, external agencies, and the general public.
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centred service model.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Superior ability to develop, interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Superior ability to identify and analyze operational data.
- Exceptional ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to supervise and train unionized and management staff, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Superior ability to make sound decisions by exercising judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion in a high pressure, high volume environment with changing and conflicting priorities.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills to achieve strategic objectives.
- Highly developed administrative, leadership and management skills.
- Strong information literacy and computer skills in MS Office applications, in particular Excel.
- Ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of current developments in information technology.
Salary Range: $2,712.35 - $3,520.50 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade P)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: September 12, 2017
Competition No.: A043-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.