Permanent Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible
The Associate Registrar is a member of the leadership team of the Department, and will be responsible for overseeing the management and implementation of various projects within Registrar and Enrolment Services. The position is primarily responsible for eliciting, analysing, validating, specifying, and verifying business objectives, processes and functions for projects to optimize the use of technology and to improve organizational effectiveness, and efficiencies related to Registrar and Enrolment Services business processes and procedures.
The Associate Registrar is responsible for strategic operations, assessing and initiating change to existing services and developing new processes that will deliver effective operations and services within Registrar and Enrolment Services, and makes recommendations for policy changes in the area of responsibility. The position manages human resources for designated functional units and provides input in developing the department budget. The incumbent uses professional judgement and exercises delegated authority to make discretionary decisions that are exceptions to established regulations. The position works collaboratively with the Registrar, Associate Registrars, Assistant Registrars, Student Services leaders and members of the College Community to coordinate and deliver effective registrarial services
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Graduate degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum six (6) years of progressively senior level experience in the Registrar’s Office, including several years of management experience in a post-secondary institution.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience developing and implementing new strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the BC post-secondary system including the rules, regulations, procedures and policies as related to recruitment, admissions, advising, curriculum review, graduation, records, registration, student recruitment, systems and transfer credit and articulation.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including experience working with student information systems (e.g., Ellucian Banner), and experience in developing and implementing new technology-based systems.
- Experience in implementing projects.
Skills & Abilities
- Superior ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with students, staff, faculty, the Ministry, other college/universities, external agencies, and the general public.
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centred service model.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Superior ability to develop, interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Superior ability to identify and analyze operational data.
- Exceptional ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to supervise and train unionized and management staff, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Superior ability to make sound decisions by exercising judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion in a high pressure, high volume environment with changing and conflicting priorities.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills to achieve strategic objectives.
- Highly developed administrative, leadership and management skills.
- Strong information literacy and computer skills in MS Office applications, in particular Excel.
- Ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of current developments in information technology.
Salary Range: $73,256 - $97,674 - $107,442 Annualized (Pay Grade 11)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A014-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on May 7, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.