Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume, cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible to November 14, 2020
The Administrative Coordinator, Student Services provides confidential support to both the Dean of Student Services (DSS) and the Registrar by proactively conducting day-to-day administrative tasks as well as support the coordination of short and long-term projects. The key responsibilities include coordinating meetings/schedules, communication flow, expense management, monitoring tasks completion and timelines. The Administrative Coordinator also supports the entire Student Services portfolio, including the Department of Registrar and Enrolment Services (RES) through the coordination of cross-functional administrative efforts and helps to ensure that operations, key projects and events function efficiently. In a variety of complex, confidential and non-confidential matters, the Administrative Coordinator performs their duties using tact and discretion on a regular basis.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or completion of a two-year diploma, in a related discipline such as business, communications, psychology, etc.
- Must have at least two years’ experience working in a Coordinator-type role, with responsibility for ensuring the successful completion of multiple, concurrent tasks
- Must have at least four years of recent, related experience in progressively responsible administrative positions, preferably in a unionized environment, ideally in a post secondary educational institution,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must have extensive experience managing a constantly changing, senior-level administrator’s calendar.
- Experience and/or training in project management, event planning, business communications, leadership, budget support, and/or time management a definite asset.
- Should have a high level of knowledge and superior competence in using MS Office applications at an intermediate level, comfortable with skills such as Mail Merges, Conditional Formatting, Filters, Smart Fields, Track Changes, etc.
- Experience with minute taking, a basic knowledge of formal meeting protocols an asset.
- Working knowledge of BANNER considered an asset, but not required.
Skills & Abilities
- Requires a proactive, independent, individual who takes initiative in all duties, and is comfortable finding answers to his/her own questions.
- Must be able to receive, prioritize and accurately complete requests from multiple managers.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgement and demonstrate resourcefulness to proactively identify and respond to issues, with minimal supervision.
- Must be diplomatic and poised in all situations, including when interacting with students, faculty and colleagues in often confidential, sometimes emotional and contentious situations.
- Must be organized and efficient, with an eye for detail.
- Must demonstrate follow-through to see tasks to completion.
- Must able to handle confidential personal and sensitive information with discretion.
- Must demonstrate excellent, professional written and oral communication skills.
- Should be competent in utilizing effective time-management skills in order to complete tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Should be comfortable working in a heavily unionized setting, however this position is not part of a union.
- Preference given to those with accurate word processing skills of 50 wpm or higher.
Salary Range: $51,539 - $68,719* - $72,155 Annualized (Pay Grade 5).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A063-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on November 7, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.