Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: October 1, 2019
The Administrative Coordinator serves as confidential administrative support to the Operational Excellence leadership team. The Administrative Coordinator supports the development and implementation of College-wide business transformation initiatives. In addition to providing confidential administrative support, the Administrative Coordinator represents the interests of the Operational Excellence department as a whole. The Administrative Coordinator facilitates work by supporting and coordinating cross-functional teams to ensure the successful, efficient, and on-budget execution of events, initiatives and projects. The Administrative Coordinator also works with highly confidential matters, including staffing concerns, vendor relationship management and contractual matters.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate degree preferred or minimum two-year post-secondary education such as Diploma or Associate Degree in business, project management or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Must have at least two years’ experience working in a Coordinator-type role, with responsibility for ensuring the successful completion of multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Must have at least four years of recent, related experience in progressively responsible administrative positions, preferably in a unionized environment, ideally in a post-secondary educational institution.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience and/or knowledge in human resources practices, budget administration, event management, project management, and business communications, a definite asset.
- Experience in scheduling, preparing agendas and minutes, basic knowledge of formal meeting protocols, and drafting complex documents in various formats.
- Considerable sensitivity to and experience in cross-cultural settings in various environments and with different cultural client groups.
- Experience and/or training in project management, event planning, business communications, leadership, budget support, and/or time management a definite asset.
- Experience working with a large enterprise system (e.g. Banner, Workday), an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Requires a proactive, independent, individual who takes initiative in all duties, and is comfortable finding answers to his/her own questions.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgement and demonstrate resourcefulness to proactively identify and respond to issues, with minimal supervision.
- Superior ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be organized and efficient, with an eye for detail.
- Must demonstrate follow-through to see tasks to completion.
- Must able to handle confidential personal and sensitive information with discretion.
- Must demonstrate excellent, professional written and oral communication skills.
- Should be competent in utilizing effective time-management skills in order to complete tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Should be comfortable working in a heavily unionized setting; however, this position is not part of a union.
- Preference given to those with accurate word processing skills of 50 wpm or higher.
- Extensive interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Salary Range: $51,539 - $68,719* - $72,155 Annualized (Pay Grade 05).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Competition No.: A057-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 11, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.