**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: February 15, 2018 to March 24, 2019, with the possibility of extension
The Coordinator, Workplace Reintegration and Attendance Promotion (“WRAP”), is primarily responsible for providing support to the planning and implementation of workplace accommodations, return to work, and attendance promotion processes on behalf of Langara College; oversees the case management of long-term absence and disability claims; and performs duties and tasks related to health and safety. Working within a collaborative setting, the Coordinator, WRAP will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve goals in alignment with work performance standards set by the College, and participate in strategic initiatives and programs of the department.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Disability Management OR completion of a bachelor’s degree in human resources, health sciences, or business, with additional specialized training in disability management.
- Minimum four years of related experience including experience in disability management, return-to-work, accident/injury/illness prevention, and rehabilitation, preferably within a multi-union environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of human resources legislation and professional practices relating to labour relations, human rights, attendance promotion, HR planning and development, and occupational health and safety.
- Knowledge of human resources information systems (HRIS).
- Advanced proficiency of standard computer applications including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), database management (Access), presentations (PowerPoint), organization charts (Visio), internet searching and email.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate through a variety of outlets.
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with senior management, employees, external agencies, other post-secondary institutions, and/or the general public.
- Effective project management skills, technical competency, and systems thinking.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines, prioritizing, and coping with interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality through tact and discretion when conducting research or working with employee information and confidential files.
- Ability to perform research, problem solve, organize material, conduct analysis, and evaluate data.
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision making; demonstrating consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity.
- Ability to perform routine and complex work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
Salary Range: $2,127.38 - $2,659.25 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade K)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: January 22, 2018
Competition No.: A002-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.