Who is eligible for U-Pass BC?
You are eligible for U-Pass BC at Langara if:
- You are a student enrolled in Regular Studies; and
- You are registered in at least 3 credits (not including online, Guided Independent Studies, Field School, Flexible Assessment, Excluded or Adult Basic Education / Preparatory courses) in Regular Studies; and
- You are assessed student union fees.
Who is NOT eligible for U-Pass BC?
For clarification, courses in the following programs will not count towards U-Pass BC eligibility:
- Continuing Studies
- LEAP and LEPP Programs
- Outgoing Exchange and Field School
- Online, GIS or Flexible Assessment courses
- Excluded courses (APPL 4110)
- Adult Basic Education / Preparatory courses (Math 1100, Math 1101, Math 1150, ENGL 1106, ENGL 1107, ENGL 1108, ENGL 1110, ENGL 1120, ENGL 1121)
Furthermore, any student will cease to be eligible for the program if they have dropped or withdrawn from all eligible courses during the term.
How many months of U-Pass BC will I be eligible for?
Students registered in full-semester courses in Summer 2017 will be eligible from May to August. Students registered in half-semester courses will be eligible from either May to June or July to August depending on program dates. The eligible months cannot be changed or extended under any circumstances.
What happens if I drop or withdraw from my courses?
If you drop or withdraw from all eligible courses then you will no longer be eligible for U-Pass BC, and you will automatically be refunded for remaining months not yet activated. If the current month has already been activated you can continue to use it but any requests made for the following month will be cancelled.
Can I be exempt from the U-Pass BC Program?
U-Pass BC is a mandatory program. However, students meeting one of the following criteria may apply for an exemption by submitting a completed Exemption Request Form and all necessary documentation by the exemption deadline (usually fifth day of the semester):
- Students holding a valid U-Pass BC from another institution in Metro Vancouver
- Students holding another valid non-transferable TransLink transit pass
- Students with a documented physical or psychological condition that would prevent transit use
- Students enrolled in a single course with on-campus classes scheduled for only one day per week
The deadline for U-Pass BC Exemption for the Summer 2017 semester is May 7th, 2017.
Please note that exemptions are valid for one term only and do not automatically carry over to future terms.