Start Date: As soon as possible
The Admissions and Student Recruitment division of the Registrar and Enrolment Service provides a hub for all Recruitment activity on campus. The Student Recruitment Coordinator will work with other departments, faculty, Communications and Marketing, Aboriginal Services and Counselling, to expand our recruitment activities and provide a more holistic, institutional-wide approach to domestic Student Recruitment at Langara. This position will work with external and internal bodies to ensure that Langara is reaching their widest domestic recruitment targets and expanding into new areas. This person will be the key contact for anyone wanting to generate a recruitment activity, take part in a high school visit, take a tour of Langara’s campus, and more.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Two to four years’ experience in student recruitment in a post-secondary environment.
- Strong experience in identifying, creating and implementing recruitment initiatives.
- Experienced public speaker with knowledge of post-secondary recruitment practices and strategies.
- Knowledge of College’s admission requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Strong understanding and experience working with BCCAT, BC Transfer Guide, Education Planner BC, Transcripts BC and Apply BC
- Experience working with MOU’s, Articulation and Transfer Credit along with a thorough understanding of post-secondary student mobility trends provincially and nationally, an asset.
- Experience working with integrated student information system such as Ellucian Banner, Peoplesoft, etc.
- Experience using a CRM system, such as Microsoft Dynamics to support student recruitment, an asset.
- Experience working with social media and online marketing tools.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent spoken and written English in order to inform, advise, and communicate with students, faculty, staff and external organizations (e.g. colleges, schools, media) and to assist in the development of promotional materials.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to set priorities when encountering conflicting demands.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty and external contacts.
- Exemplary presentation skills with the ability to motivate students.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, respond to enquiries and provide information, assistance and related services to the general public, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to multitask and work with frequent interruptions, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to investigate and listen in order to solve problems and provide solutions.
- Must be familiar with FIPPA regulations and how to uphold them.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Professional demeanour with the demonstrated ability to display tact and diplomacy in written and spoken forms
- Intermediate level of Word and Excel and advanced level in Power Point.
- Availability to travel extensively and to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must have valid BC driver’s license and regular access to a motor vehicle.
- Physical ability to perform the demands of the position including ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Salary Range: $1,915.28 - $2,194.63 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 25)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am – 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: February 10, 2017
Competition No.: C018-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.