Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Senior Financial Business Analyst supports the Associate Director, Financial Services with the development and review of Departmental key performance indicators and operational statistics, benchmarking, College financial performance metrics, and other management reporting. This position oversees financial information system data maintenance, researches best practices, develops business processes, leads process improvement initiatives and trains staff with respect to implementation.
Education & Experience
- A relevant bachelor’s degree such as business, accounting, management, technology or an equivalent degree.
- Enrolment in the CPA program, an asset.
- Enrolment or completion of a Business Analysis Certification, an asset.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in an analyst role with exposure to areas of finance, accounting and information systems.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with large data sets, using databases and spreadsheets at a high level of expertise.
- Experience using an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning system, such as Banner, Oracle or Peoplesoft.
- Experience developing budgets, business models, and analytical approaches to guide decision making.
- Experience with developing appropriate methods to collect and synthesize data from various sources and use this information to provide forecasts and estimates.
- Experience with working with confidential information with discretion (examples. job records, strategic plans, and personnel changes).
- Knowledge of budget, finance, accounting and control procedures, principles and practices.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the use of MS Excel and MS Access to extract and analyze data.
- Intermediate knowledge of reporting software and languages such as SQL.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft visual basic for applications.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of other computer applications such as Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Experience working in the public sector, and/or education sector preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to be highly organized, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to be customer oriented, customer service driven.
- Ability to create, develop and maintain complex spreadsheets and prepare related analyses.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality in managing and reporting salary, budget, and other financial information.
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance and in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Salary Range: $2,019.30 - $2,326.09 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 26)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:45pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: April 12, 2017
Competition No.: C050-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.