Quality Assurance Intermediate Analyst
Permanent Full-Time (37.5 hours work week)
Start Date: As soon as possible
The QA Intermediate Analyst executes the plans and activities of the Langara IT QA team on a day-to-day basis; performs comprehensive reviews of business and functional requirements; develops and implements testing strategies, methodologies and plans; executes reviews and testing to ensure the quality of IT deliverables including project artifacts, infrastructure components, enterprise systems, database systems, integrations, as well as the security, performance, reliability and availability of the information technology in the College; provides support to IT and user groups according to work performance standards set by the College.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computing Science or a related field.
- Minimum four (4) years of recent experience performing QA Intermediate activities in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other business applications
- Experience working in higher education preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Solid understanding of UML and experience with at least one of the UML modeling tools. Enterprise Architect experience would be an asset.
- Experience writing functional and non-functional test cases ensuring proper functioning of the system based on both business and functional requirements.
- Experience writing test plans to ensure adequate test coverage and proper functioning of the system.
- Experience estimating and scheduling the test effort in collaboration with project managers.
- Experience with one or more of the following database platforms and tools: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL.
- Experience testing in J2EE or Web environments and in applications based on one or more of the following Web and Application platforms: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Apache, and Tomcat.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively:
- maintain a standard of absolute confidentiality regarding information and records;
- operate related equipment;
- organize and prioritize work;
- communicate effectively with others;
- develop and maintain work relationships with others;
- manage project time lines for QA efforts;
- meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Proven experience related to:
- systems analysis, testing techniques, estimating and planning procedures and standards;
- industry best practices and associated tools for quality assurance and testing;
- computer operating systems and principles;
- writing technical and non-technical documentation.
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Salary Range: $2,412.00 - $2,792.25 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade G, IT Schedule of Wage Rates)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am – 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: February 27, 2017
Competition No.: C023-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.