INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Permanent, Full -Time
Start Date: May 1, 2017
The Lab Demonstrator (c) prepares, supervises and instructs in the Biology laboratories and on field trips by preparing instructional materials and providing instruction in lab concepts, procedures and techniques. The Lab Demo is responsible for preparing, administrating, invigilating and marking lab exams and assignments and maintaining appropriate records. This position involves working effectively with supervisors, instructors, staff and students.
Education & Experience
- Completion of B.Sc., in Biology and one year’s experience as teaching assistant or acceptable equivalent. Specialty in Botany.
- Considerable knowledge of the course content, procedures, techniques and methodologies involved in providing instruction in biological laboratory environment.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, instructors, staff and students.
- Ability to advise and direct laboratory aides and student employees
- Must have a working knowledge of WCB and WHMIS regulations.
- Familiarity with office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Salary Range: $2,067.33 - $2,423.88 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 27)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
Competition No.: C044-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.