**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Start Date: April 18, 2017 to April 13, 2018 with the possibility of extension
Reporting to the Associate Director, International Marketing & Business Development, the International Marketing and Recruitment Assistant, works co-operatively with the International Student Marketing and Recruitment Team to implement the College’s strategic International Student Recruitment Plan. This position is the primary contact responsible for addressing inquiries from prospective and existing international students and agents by telephone, email, and in-person and contributes to the development and maintenance of agent relationships in local and overseas market. This position assists in developing student information materials and provides support to the overall International Student Recruitment Plan.
Education & Experience
- Two-year Diploma in business field or International Studies or Intercultural communication. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Oral and written fluency in a required secondary language in Punjabi or Russian.
- Knowledge of the British Columbia post-secondary education system including the rules, regulations, procedures and policies governing the admission of students to post-secondary institutions.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience working in international student recruitment, in a post-secondary institution.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and a secondary language in Punjabi or Russian., both verbally and written.
- Strong sales, customer services, and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing principles and terminology.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with clients for whom English is a second language.
- Ability to make and deliver effective presentations and speak in public.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively work with and provide information, assistance and related services to the public, faculty, staff, agents and students.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team.
- Must have good interpersonal skills combined with an understanding of diversity, cross-cultural issues, and familiar with other cultures
- Intermediate level computer skills including: keyboarding at 45 wpm, word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel), database management (MS Access), PowerPoint, e-mail, and internet navigation.
- Hold a valid passport and be able to acquire a visa into countries that the College fosters relationships.
- The incumbent works primarily on campus in the International Education Department. In order to meet admission deadlines and take advantage of peak recruitment times, vacation requests may not be granted at certain times during the year.
- Some travel within the Lower Mainland and overseas may be required to attend various educational fairs, secondary and post-secondary institutions, or other recruitment events
- Ability to physically handle heavy materials and/or equipment (i.e. promotional materials, display stands for student recruitment events).
- Most of the duties for this position will take place at the College, applicants should be prepared to travel internationally.
Salary Range: $1,706.59 - $1,950.86 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21), plus 5% language premium
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: February 24, 2017
Competition No.: C026-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.