Start Date: April 3, 2017
Reporting to the Web and Mobile Application Design and Development Coordinator, this position provides classroom instructional and technical support, within multiple PC and Macintosh computer labs, to faculty and students according to work performance standards set by the College.
Education & Experience:
- Two (2) year diploma in relevant creative arts technology field such as graphic design, web development, or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Four (4) years of recent related experience working with graphics software, web design and development software.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge in web and mobile applications (e.g. Adobe Suite, text editors, compilers, libraries and plug-ins, etc).
- Advanced skills and thorough knowledge of computer systems (MAC and PCs) and peripherals (e.g. digital cameras, printers, scanners, etc).
- Instructional support experience preferred.
- Experience marking assignments, quizzes or exams, an asset.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to learn techniques & software of rapidly changing industry.
- Demonstrated teaching, tutoring, or coaching ability.
- Demonstrated graphic design ability.
- Proven written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
Salary Range: $1,821.02 - $2,067.33 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 23)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am – 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: March 21, 2017
Competition No.: C034-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.