Temporary, Part-Time (.67 FTE)
Dates: As soon as possible to April 30, 2017
Reporting to the Team Lead, Client Services, this position provides classroom instructional and technical support, within multiple Macintosh computer labs, to faculty and students according to work performance standards set by the College.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years post-secondary education in Creative Arts.
- Two to four years of recent related experience working with graphics software and computers.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced skills and thorough knowledge of computer systems and peripherals.
- Demonstrated ability to learn techniques & software of rapidly changing industry.
- Advanced knowledge of print publication software, internet and multimedia design and software.
- Demonstrated teaching, tutoring, or coaching ability.
- Demonstrated graphic design ability.
- Proven written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
Salary Range: $1,787.83 - $2,029.64 Bi-Weekly, to be prorated based on .67FTE workload (Pay Grade 23)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: Monday to Friday, approximately 23 hours per week; hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: January 25, 2017
Competition No.: C009-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.