Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities Services, the Facilities Services Coordinator is responsible for coordinating internal non-instructional event space bookings and assigning and overseeing the daily activities of the Facilities Workers to provide setups and furniture moves. This position will also be the day-to-day liaison with janitorial contractors to relay work requests and to evaluate services rendered, and will also maintain the college’s inventory of standard furniture items. This position also oversees shipping and receiving.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a two-year diploma in business administration, facilities management, or a related discipline.
- Four years of recent related experience coordinating facilities operations or services, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Working knowledge of computer applications with some experience in the use of an integrated database (e.g., Ellucian Banner) is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with various groups, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious relationships within and outside the College including students, faculty, administrators and the general public.
- Ability to provide effective customer service and deal with complaints tactfully and in a courteous manner.
- Ability to exercise initiative and contribute ideas to improving departmental operations and service to students and employees.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion when working with confidential information.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Intermediate level computer skills with a demonstrated ability to work with computer applications such as word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software in a Windows environment.
- Ability to achieve keyboarding speed of 50 wpm.
Salary Range: $1,729.45 - $1,982.50 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 22, Under Review)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: February 1, 2017
Competition No.: C014-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.