INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Start Date: As soon as possible to March 31, 2018 with the possibility of extension
The Course Data Clerk is responsible for generating, reviewing, verifying, and entering course information, including codes and schedules, into Banner. Position monitors invoices and processes payment documents for contract companies who provide instructional services to Continuing Studies (CS). In support of the post-registration function, the position processes CS student account requests and refunds according to established policies and procedures. Position performs clerical duties and may assist with related duties and/or projects.
Education & Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 plus a certificate in Business Management, Office Administration, Accounting or other related areas.
- Two (2) years of recent related office experience using ERP or other integrated information system, preferably in a post secondary institution.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience providing customer service.
- Advanced level in the use of standard computer applications including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), database management (MS Access), e-mail, and internet navigation.
- Knowledge of purchasing/receiving procedures.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective oral, written and communications skills. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty and students, and external contacts.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to perform complex work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to operate various related equipment such as filing systems, personal computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers and fax machines.
- Demonstrated ability to compose routine correspondence and generate materials and documents.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and provide effective and appropriate information and assistance to the public, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to process cash, credit and Interac transactions accurately.
- Capacity to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Keyboarding skills of 40 wpm.
- Ability to work in an open office structure with close proximity to others.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends (Saturdays).
Salary Range: $1,593.07 - $1,811.96 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 19)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: Tuesday – Thursday 10:30 – 18:45; Friday and Saturday 08:30-16:45, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Closing Date: March 3, 2017
Competition No.: C032-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.